Two-cover descent on plane quartics with rational bitangents: electronic resources
Electronic resources for the article Two-cover descent on plane quartics with rational bitangents by Nils Bruin and Daniel Lewis.
routines.m: Magma file containing the code used to compute the electronic data.
Example of its usage in Magma:
[ -8, -29, 7, -7, -24, 3 ],
0, 0, 10, true
We explain the returned values:
- [ -8, -29, 7, -7, -24, 3 ]
- Moduli point: it describes the seven points in the plane
- The square of this is the absolute value of the discriminant of the quartic model we compute.
- The set of primes at which this curve has local obstructions
- The number of rational contact points of the bitangents
- The size of the two-Selmer set
- The rank of the two-Selmer group (or at least a lower bound on it)
- A flag indicating whether the computation of the rank of the two-Selmer group resulted in the actual rank or only in a lower bound.
data6.txt: Data set A in the article. File with 81070 lines, each describing the output of Process called on the vectors with entries from [-6..6] describing data in general position.
data40.txt: Data set B in the article. File with 70000 lines, each describing the output of Process called on a vector with randomly chosen entries from [-40..40].