Calculus II for the Social Sciences
MATH 158, Spring 2011
Office hours: Mon 9:30-10:30am, Wed 1:00-2:00pm, Fri 2:30-3:30pm
- Antiderivatives and the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (2.5 weeks)
- Methods of Integration and Applications in Business(2 weeks)
- Functions of 2 or more variables (3 weeks):
Partial derivatives, critical points, tangent planes, least squares approximation, double integrals.
- First order Differential Equations (1.5 weeks)
- Sequences and Taylor series (1.5 weeks)
- Continuous probability (1.5 weeks)
Applied Calculus for the Managerial, Life and Social Sciences by Tan, Ashlock and Menz
We will cover most sections from Chapters 8 - 11, 13 and 14.
We will use Maple for some calculations in this course. The university has a site license for Maple version 13. Maple is installed on the PCs and MACs in the assignment lab, and the university open labs and the library. On Windows Maple is under "Statistics Applications" on the "All Programs" menu.