Assignment 1 (.pdf)
Assignment 2 (.pdf)
Assignment 3 (.pdf)
Assignment 4 (.pdf)
Assignment 5 (.pdf)
Assignment 6 (.pdf)
Cryptography, Fall 2008
- Classical cryptography from Caeser to Vigenere.
- The One-Time-Pad and perfect security.
- The Data Encryption Standard and Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Algorithms for integers and their time complexity.
- The RSA public key cryptosystem and attacks on RSA.
- Algorithms for integer primality testing and integer factorization.
- Finite fields and the ElGamal cryptosystem.
- Algorithms for the discrete logarithm problem.
- Pseudo-random number generation.
- The quadratic residue problem and the Goldwasser-Micali cryptosystem.
- The Blum-Blum-Shub pseudo-random-bit generator.
- Cryptographically secure hash functions.
- Digital signature schemes.
Cryptography: Theory and Practice, by Douglas Stinson, 3rd edition, 2006.
The university has a site license for Maple. Maple is installed on the PCs and MACs in the assignment lab, the CECM lab, university open labs and the library. Maple is available from the computer shop for about $200.